The Director for Fiscal Services assists the Associate Vice President for Fiscal Services in financial analysis and accounting procedures. This position supervises staff accountants, senior accountants, and assistant director of grants management. They will prepare, analyze and reconcile accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards for the College. They are also responsible for coordinating with State and County agencies for Capital Improvements Project (CIP) billing and financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
- Direct and coordinate grants management, foundation accounting, and general accounting functions of Fiscal Services.
- Provide supervision to assistant director of grants management, senior accountant, foundation accountant and staff accountants.
- Support PeopleSoft financial applications including the following: Asset Management, Student Financials, Workflow and Payroll. Assist with training and troubleshooting of application issues.
- Assist Associate Vice President for Fiscal Services in budgeting processes.
- Review and provide approval for all budget transfers and journal entries.
- Review, analyze, and approve account reconciliations, journal entries, and adjustments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the College and its auxiliaries.
- Manage the FCC annual financial audit and serve as liaison with auditors, including the preparation and/or providing any related audit schedules.
- Prepare the Schedule of Federal Awards for the Single Audit.
- Prepare the College IRS 990-T tax return.
- Manage accounting, reporting, and billing for the College capital improvements.
- Develop specialized accounting reports and other external reports/queries as needed.
- Perform monthly and annual account reconciliation and analysis, and prepare journal entries.
- Provide customer support to the College community.
- Provide training on accounting and budget reports to the College community.
- Coordinate with the Office of Financial Aid to ensure all scholarship awards through financial aid are properly reflected in the general ledger and reconcile any variances.
- Prepare and submit College reports to comply with Federal, State and County requirements.
- Maintain College chart of accounts and communicate any changes to the College community.
- Authorize budget overrides for journal entries.
- Manage month and year end closing process.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc financial analysis and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.