Coordinate the administrative work flow processes among the various units reporting to the Vice President and/ or Associate Vice President; perform other related duties as assigned.
The Controller is responsible for financial and managerial integrity of financial systems and processes used in KSU business activities. This is an "advanced" level position responsible for developing and administering policies and procedures, as well as, budgetary decisions with extensive impact. The Controller will provide leadership, strategic planning and organizational direction to the Office of Finance and Accounting, Financial Compliance, Taxation, Residency, Internal Control Monitoring, Accounts Payable and Travel, Procurement, Bursar, Budget, SAS Reporting, Asset Management and several other significant areas that will be added.
The Controller has overall responsibility for:
- Operation of the Bursar's Office which includes daily cash receipting, student accounts, collections, and all receivables for the University as well as working with other departments such as the Registrar and Financial Aid on common issues regarding policy or procedure.
- Operation of Accounts Payable and Travel.
- Maintenance of the General Ledger which includes review and analysis of all ledgers (Actuals, GAAP, and Capital, and Detail_En/ENCUMB) to ensure accuracy in financial reporting.
- Operation of the Office of Procurement and Contracting which strives to obtain the best quality goods and services and the highest value per dollar for the University.
- Creating, implementing and monitoring internal controls.
- Granting residency status and tuition waivers based on student application.
- Compliance with regulations, laws and policy with regard to financial transactions.
- Reporting of Private/Public Ventures including production of proforma financial statements in connection with financing ore re-financing.
- Production of financial reports using SAS for the end user.
- Interaction with State and Internal Auditors.
- Production of the Annual Financial Report and numerous other reports and surveys.
- Research and interpretation of State and Board of Regents (BOR) policies.
- Research and application of proper accounting treatment per Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
About Kennesaw State University:
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit, draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. The university's alumni network is 100,000 strong. A Carnegie-designated doctoral institution, it is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of demonstrated experience
Ability to multi task
PeopleSoft experience a plus
Excellent Excel skills
Excellent Communication Skills