This position reports to the Controller.
Annual renewable 12-month appointment.
The Senior Accountant will assist in a wide variety of accounting and financial analysis responsibilities. This information is used in the preparation of entries into the general ledger and for the documentation of business transactions. Also within the scope of this position lies the responsibility of analyzing financial information related to assets, liabilities and capital; as well as the preparation of reports which summarize the current and projected financial position of the College. Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Prepare monthly financial statements and report packages.
2. Perform month end reconciliation of various general ledger accounts.
3. Perform the monthly fixed asset accounting activities.
4. Perform the analysis and reconciliation of various financial accounts and bank accounts.
5. Prepare and present ad hoc analysis of financially-related subjects as assigned.
6. Assist in the monthly and fiscal year-end financial closing process and related statement preparation.
7. Coordinate post award fiscal and reporting services to principal investigators of federal, state, and local grant funded projects.
8. Assist the Controller with all financial audits.
9. Prepare various year-end working papers and schedules for College annual audit.
10. Perform other similar duties as required.
Submit materials to Human Resources, Rhodes State College, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima, OH 45804 or email jobs@RhodesState.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background, qualifications and vision for the position, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least five (5) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to complete and submit a College application.