Foxcroft School seeks a full-time Director of Enrollment Management to lead all aspects of strategic enrollment management for the school by attracting new students, retaining current students, overseeing the financial aid process, and generating annual revenue goals. The director reports directly to the Head of School and plays an essential role on the senior administrative team. The director also collaborates with the Head, the Business Manager and the Board of Trustees to create a long-term strategy for setting tuition and meeting the increased demands of financial and merit assistance.
This position will guide, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Strategic Initiatives, the School’s long-and short-term enrollment goals by overseeing the Admission Department, researching markets, planning strategic travel and meetings, and effectively communicating Foxcroft’s mission and brand promises to prospective families, feeder schools, consultants, and other constituencies. The director will be the face and spokesperson of Foxcroft during the admissions process, as the School seeks to provide a warm, informative, and highly personalized admission experience for prospective students and their families. In addition, the director will play a central role in retention efforts of the School by working closely with returning families and the Office of Student Life.
Candidates should have energy, enthusiasm and strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, candidates should be versed in independent boarding school trends and data analytics. Experience in girls’ schools and an understanding of the developmental needs of adolescent girls in and outside of the classroom is a plus.
As the Director of Enrollment Management, you will be responsible for all aspects of the admission and enrollment process including, but not limited to the following:
- All management responsibility of the four-person Admissions Office. Assist and counsel in meeting the goals of the enrollment strategic plan, implementing marketing tools, and working closely with prospective families during the school search in a highly competitive market.
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for the school during the admissions process. Understand the unique history, traditions, offerings and culture. Advocate for qualified prospective students, and clearly articulate to families the advantages and opportunities of Foxcroft School.
- Track enrollment management best practices and benchmarks locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Be flexible and creative in outlining strategy.
- Oversee and set enrollment goals using an approach that accounts for the specific needs of the current market, and takes marketing research – in schools and otherwise – into consideration.
- Critically analyze application data and form relationships with prospective students, identifying strengths, opportunities for improvement, and capacity for growth.
- Working with the financial aid committee, allocate aid in a manner that is in line with the school’s mission and values, and maintain the integrity of the award process.
- Communicate clearly and regularly, keeping the Head, the Business Manager and the Board of Trustees informed of all relevant information and work to create a successful strategy for enrollment capacity.
- Collaborate with the administrative team to further strategic plan goals and to solve problems creatively.
- Build strong relationships with faculty, staff, and coaches within the school and assist in articulation the school’s message.
- As a school administrator, build and maintain a strong campus presence. Participation and commitment to the residential student experience, including advising, weekend and dorm duty, and extracurricular activities, is an expectation.
No job description can anticipate all responsibilities as such; there may be other assigned duties.