Drew University, a distinguished university in Madison, New Jersey with an enrollment of more than 2,000 students, a budget of $90 million and an endowment of $156 million, invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Controller. The Associate Controller, reporting to the Assoc. VP for Finance and Controller, manages the University’s accounting staff and assists with the management of the University’s general accounting functions, financial reporting, audit and tax compliance.
The University seeks an Associate Controller who is resilient, collegial, good at multi-tasking and a clear communicator. The Associate Controller will join a new, energetic finance team. S/he will be a part of the team that will lead Drew in establishing long-term financial equilibrium in these challenging and ever-changing times.
- Providing oversight over the closing process ensuring that journal entries are properly and timely posted to the general ledger and that transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Preparing and/or reviewing general ledger account reconciliations.
- Providing oversight and direction to accountants responsible for account reconciliations and analyses.
- Reviewing accounting of endowment and restricted funds, including pledges.
- Managing the accounting for plant funds and capital gifts.
- Assisting with the preparation of the external financial statements and related footnote disclosures.
- Coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual financial and uniform guidance audits.
- Overseeing the preparation of the annual tax and information returns.
- Assisting with updating, developing, and monitoring compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the maintenance and upgrades to Banner Finance (the University’s general ledger system) including maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Managing, training, and developing accounting staff.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Compensation for this position is competitive and includes a generous fringe benefit package.
Nominations and applications are invited for this position. Review of applications will begin immediately and candidate material received by March 29, 2017 will be assured full consideration, although recruitment will continue until an appointment is announced. Applications (including a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of four references) must be uploaded to: http://lapovsky.hiringthing.com. Lapovsky Consulting is assisting Drew University in this search. For nominations, questions, or additional information, please contact: Lucie Lapovsky at email@example.com or 917-690-1958.