| University of Illinois University Audits Audits UIC Healthcare Auditor Chicago Campus |
The University of Illinois seeks a Healthcare Auditor to provide healthcare related and clinical expertise and guidance in performing complex healthcare and clinical audits and oversee functions performed by professional audit staff. This position also assists Chicago, Springfield, and Urbana Champaign campus staff by providing healthcare audit expertise. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Perform specialized financial, compliance, operational, information technology, and investigative audits in various operational areas of the University healthcare and clinical business activities. Work may be sensitive, unusual, and have no precedence. Projects may occur concurrently. Work is primarily based in Chicago and may occur in other locations within Illinois. Work may be performed independently or as part of a team or task force.
2. Conduct all phases of the audit including planning and research, risk assessment, fieldwork, report development, wrap-up, and follow-up.
3. Identify and effectively communicate suggestions and recommendations on improving controls, gaining efficiencies, and strengthening compliance with laws and regulations.
4. Identify recommendations in audits at a unit, process, or University-wide level.
5. Conduct meetings with operational and financial employees at all levels of the University organization. Meetings should promote effective gathering of information and assessing the business, environment, and controls while at the same time providing benefit to the auditee.
6. Consult with University senior management, faculty, and staff on processes, policies, and good business practices on an ad hoc basis.
7. Participate on project teams for business system re-engineering, evaluation of process flows, and financial reviews to provide internal control advice and counsel.
8. Participate in self-evaluation processes and continuous improvement projects within the Office of University Audits.
9. Assist in training new audit staff on organization, processes, policies, systems, and audit techniques.
10. Assist in development and delivery of training on internal controls to University employees.
11. Assist Chicago, Springfield, and Urbana-Champaign audit staff in the performance of their assignments.
12. Actively stay current in Federal, State, and local rules and regulations as they relate to the healthcare enterprise. Communicate near-term risks to audit management, University faculty and staff, external parties, (as directed by University Counsel), and/or University Related Organizations, such as Wolcott, Wood, & Taylor.
13. Perform other duties appropriate for a Healthcare Auditor.