Position Summary: Plan and conduct a wide variety of internal audits by evaluating operational and business processes for appropriate internal controls and compliance with various policies and regulations; identify areas of process risk and recommend specific steps for improvement; conduct follow-up review of audited areas and programs to ensure management has taken appropriate corrective actions. This person must have the ability to map out processes to define gaps in internal controls and/or efficiencies and be able to make recommendations for improvements to senior leaders on campus.
1) A bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, or engineering, or related field or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Applicable experience (typically 1-3 years) such as accounting, finance, auditing, evaluating operational processes, risk assessment, internal controls, compliance with rules/regulations, or consumer compliance.
3) Clearly demonstrate a working proficiency in each of the following:
- ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to use these to gather and analyze data for a specific or variety of needs and/or projects.
- understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- mobilizing both time and resources to get things done.
- knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling an organization's exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with office desktop tools (i.e. Microsoft Office suite).
About The University of Iowa
We are Iowa's largest employer and a university with a world-renowned reputation. From the health sciences to the arts, our aim is to provide a diverse and technologically advanced community where all can work and learn together to achieve excellence. We strive to realize the Iowa Promise to become one of the ten most distinguished public universities in the country.
On our beautiful campus spanning the Iowa River, our faculty and staff enjoy access to an array of cultural, educational, and recreational activities. The University of Iowa offers an exceptional benefits package and many other support resources to help employees balance their professional and personal lives. Explore our website and see how the University of Iowa is striving to be your Employer of Choice.