University of Arizona HR Site :: Posting Show :: PeopleAdmin
The University of Arizona’s Associate Director of Catering and Event Services will create success as a dynamic culinary food service manager, growing and leading a diverse catering, event services, and business development team. With anticipated annual sales volume exceeding $4.5 million and some 10,000 events, the Associate Director reports to the Senior Director for the Student Unions, and leads all catering operations, working closely with customers and staff to manage catering events from start to finish. From small refreshment services to large, high-profile dinner events of up to 1,000 people, the Associated Director is a seasoned professional committed to excellent customer service and high culinary standards, champions innovation and fosters strong client relationships.
The best qualified candidate will have proven experience in casual and/or fine dining catering; client management, training and leading a catering or food service staff; working with catering menus, costing and pricing, labor control, food and beverage operations; and demonstrated skills in service standards, guest relations and dining etiquette.
Duties and Responsibilities:
| || |
- Create new catering business, sales and opportunities and manage the execution of internal and external catering events and functions to maintain high University standards and exceptional customer service.
- Provide and champion innovation, excellence and strategic vision
- Manage and monitor performance of 8 full-time catering staff, supervisors, and banquet captains, and 10+ student leads and 60+ student employees
- Manage and monitor performance of 5 full-time event planning staff and several student employees
- Ensure successful operations of catering functions and special events, including managing labor costs, food cost and control, transportation, setup, customer interaction, operations and event breakdown
- Hire, train and oversee the scheduling of catering and event services staff and is actively involved in the development and training for sales, service techniques, menu presentation, food safety, sanitation, and general policies and procedures
- Assist in menu development and costing, with clients and the Executive Chef and culinary team
- Develop and implement a comprehensive training program, catering service standards, and standards of operation
- Prepare and manage the annual budget, making logical, strategic and prudent business decisions that drive growth and enhance customer experiences
- Responsible for the coaching, counseling and potential discipline of all supervised staff
- Manage the budget financials of catering activities through effective food, labor, inventory and supply controls
- Professionally engage outside organizations, high profile clients and University departments, staff, faculty and executives
- Responsible for VIP events and acts as a liaison with clients for special events
- Attend meetings, classes, conferences and workshops related to departmental activities. Convey pertinent information to supervisors and staff
- Manage the alcohol permitting process
- Develop and grow conference services
- Maintain a flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend high profile evening and weekend events and functions
- Perform related duties assigned or required to meet unit and University goals and objectives