Taylor University is seeking applications of candidates for the Director of Accounting & Financial Reporting. This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position located in Upland, Indiana. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
MISSION STATEMENT The mission of Taylor University is to develop servant-leaders marked with a passion to minister Christ's redemptive love, grace and truth to a world in need.
- Plans, directs, and oversees the annual financial audit. Directly engages with the audit firm and coordinates all audit-related activities, including financial statement preparation.
- Stays current on all relevant accounting guidance and key issues affecting non-profit accounting and financial reporting.
- Prepares and compiles numerous accurate, complete, and timely financial reports to meet both internal and external needs and requirements.
- Maintains the internal control system and framework, and helps build confidence, trust, and integrity in the financial systems, processes, and reports.
- Prepares and files tax, survey, and reporting documents with appropriate agencies and organizations on a timely basis.
- Ensures that the chart of accounts is up-to-date and meets the financial and reporting needs of the University. Monitors financial transactions to ensure that assets, liabilities, net assets, revenues, and expenses are reported correctly.
- Collaborates with Business Office staff and other University employees to meet financial goals and objectives.
- Assists the Vice President for Business & Finance with projects and other tasks
- Competency and comfort in working with large amounts of numerical data.
- Ability to develop and operate spreadsheets and other data-management tools. Ability and desire to be an expert in the technologies that are available.
- Intellectual curiosity to seek understanding and to develop more efficient or effective methods to accomplish tasks.
- Self-directed initiative to take ownership of responsibilities.
- Clear, direct, and compassionate communication style (both written and verbal).
- 5 or more years of accounting experience
- Previous responsibility for overseeing and managing the accounting and financial reporting needs of an organization
- Exposure to non-profit accounting beneficial, but not required
- A four-year degree is required, and a Master's degree is preferred. A CPA license is not required but is beneficial.
Taylor University, a Christian liberal arts college with a student body of 1,870 on its Upland, Indiana, campus, is known for its distinctive community of scholarship and faith. In addition to a concerned, competent faculty and modern facilities, the University cherishes an atmosphere of uncommon quality, which inspires personal participation and spiritual growth as well as intellectual development. Graduate program in higher education is offered. In addition, Taylor Online serves over 1,200 adult students through degree and non-degree offerings in credit and non-credit formats in distance/distributed learning environments.