Harvard UniversityAssistant Dean for Enrollment Services
Harvard Kennedy School
Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) seeks an experienced enrollment management leader, with particular emphasis on admissions and financial aid, to serve as Assistant Dean for Enrollment Services. As Assistant Dean you will oversee all enrollment services functions including Recruitment, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Information Systems. You will develop strategy to fulfill our vision of being a national leader in recruiting, enrolling, and supporting the most diverse and talented graduate public policy/administration student body. You will lead an enrollment services staff of 16, including 4 direct reports, as a coordinated and high-performing team dedicated to providing holistic support and consistent stewardship to prospective, admitted, and enrolled students throughout their studies.
In consultation with the Senior Associate Dean for Degree Programs and Student Affairs, you will develop strategies for all enrollment services areas including admissions, financial aid, marketing, student record and registration management, and systems and data management. You will be responsible for assuming a key leadership role in high-level planning and conversations with constituents, across the HKS and Harvard community, on matters pertaining to admissions practices and results, fundraising to support recruitment and fellowships, student recruitment marketing and communications approaches, record management and other services to include developing and implementing strategies for enhancing the quality and diversity of the student body.
Our successful candidate:
- You are a well-rounded enrollment services professional with direct experience in admissions and financial aid, particularly financial aid administration and compliance.
- You have in-depth knowledge of graduate admissions & financial aid best practices and policies and enrollment-related technologies in order to reach enrollment goals and ensure compliance.
- You are a diplomatic leader of people and teams, including senior level staff, and committed to supporting an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- You are dedicated to attracting and retaining high-performing staff and an active participant in their training, coaching, and professional growth.
- You are strategic - you use data insights to define and drive enrollment goals.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and proactively cultivate partnerships with diverse stakeholders at varying levels and across departments.
At Harvard Kennedy School:
- You will help set the strategy for recruiting, admitting, matriculating, and supporting a remarkably diverse and vibrant student body connected by their commitment to transform ideas into real-world solutions to public problems.
- You will lead and develop a team of talented staff dedicated to providing a seamless experience of support to our students from inquiry to graduation.
- You will represent HKS at external professional organizations, serve on university committees and work collaboratively with Harvard colleagues.
- You will participate in HKS initiatives and events such as orientation and commencement.
- You will be part of a vibrant community of faculty, staff and students dedicated to advancing our mission.
HKS' Enrollment Services recruits, admits, enrolls, and administers financial aid for master's, doctoral, and several joint and concurrent degree programs. Learn more: Degree Programs
, Admissions & Financial Aid
HKS routinely ranks at the top of the world's professional graduate schools in public policy and public administration. The HKS experience is defined by academic rigor and excellence, as well as a vibrant exchange of ideas and perspectives. Our faculty, students, staff, degree program alumni, and executive education participants tackle a range of diverse public challenges in the U.S. and around the world.Basic Qualifications
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in graduate admissions and financial aid including financial aid regulations and best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of graduate education markets, particularly peer schools and academic programs, and trends in topics of admissions, financial aid compliance, recruitment, and student enrollment.
- Substantial management experience in higher education administration including leading teams through change.
- Inclusive and collaborative leadership and management style, especially in regard to developing and empowering staff.
- Demonstrated experience with developing successful strategies for strengthening the diversity of a student body.
- Ability to drive change and deliver results in a complex, decentralized, and political environment.
- Experience with budget projection and management and high-level data analysis.
- Experience using and managing complex database and enrollment technologies and platforms.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
We value and are dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with demonstrated capacity to strengthen the diversity of the student body and to work with a diverse school community.Physical Requirements
- Sitting using near vision use for reading and computer use for extended periods of time
- Lifting (approximately 20 to 30 pounds), bending, and other physical exertion
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingHarvard Kennedy School's Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism
- Work is performed in an office setting
- Travel may be required
- May be required to work nights and weekends
At Harvard Kennedy School, fostering a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels they belong is a matter of basic fairness consistent with our core values as an institution. It is also essential to our mission of improving public policy and leadership-because recruiting the best people and creating an environment where they can thrive make us better at what we do, because we learn more from people with different perspectives, and because we work in diverse groups and serve diverse societies.
Learn more about Harvard Kennedy School's commitment to diversity, equity, and anti-racism.
Harvard Kennedy School's mission is to improve public policy and leadership so people can live in societies that are more safe, free, just, and sustainably prosperous. By combining cutting-edge research, the teaching of outstanding students, and direct interaction with practitioners, we have an impact on solving public problems that no other institution can match. Our teaching, research, and engagement with practitioners focus on these priorities:
- Protecting international security and freedom
- Strengthening democracy
- Advancing social justice and human rights
- Increasing economic well-being
- Enhancing sustainability
- Improving public leadership and management
You can be part of this endeavor. Explore and learn more about Harvard Kennedy School.Job Function
Faculty & Student ServicesSub Unit
USA - MA - CambridgeDepartment
Degree Programs & Student AffairsTime Status
00 - Non Union, Exempt or TemporaryPre-Employment Screening
Criminal, Education, IdentityCommitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.EEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.